18. 아브라함이 바랄 수 없는 중에 바라고 믿었으니 이는 네 후손이 이같으리라 하신 말씀대로 많은 민족의 조상이 되게 하려 하심이라
19. 그가 백 세나 되어 자기 몸이 죽은 것 같고 사라의 태가 죽은 것 같음을 알고도 믿음이 약하여지지 아니하고
20. 믿음이 없어 하나님의 약속을 의심하지 않고 믿음으로 견고하여져서 하나님께 영광을 돌리며
21. 약속하신 그것을 또한 능히 이루실 줄을 확신하였으니
22. 그러므로 그것이 그에게 의로 여겨졌느니라
23. 그에게 의로 여겨졌다 기록된 것은 아브라함만 위한 것이 아니요
24. 의로 여기심을 받을 우리도 위함이니 곧 예수 우리 주를 죽은 자 가운데서 살리신 이를 믿는 자니라
25. 예수는 우리가 범죄한 것 때문에 내줌이 되고 또한 우리를 의롭다 하시기 위하여 살아나셨느니라
18. Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”
19. Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead–since he was about a hundred years old–and that Sarah’s womb was also dead.
20. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,
21. being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
22. This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.”
23. The words “it was credited to him” were written not for him alone,
24. but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness–for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.
25. He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.